Collection on Wednesday (17:00 to 18:30)Join Our Market
Welcome to the Ashbourne NeighbourFood market!
Every week you'll find great products direct from local farmers and food producers. Buying from the NeighbourFood market allows you to buy and collect your food locally, cutting down on food miles and it allows you to meet and talk directly to the producers. Advance ordering also means that any waste is minimised.
We have a range of products on sale including artisan bread, meat,cheese, honey etc, with new and different products being added all of the time. The products will also change during the season, to reflect whats being grown and harvested.
Why buy from local producers?
Firstly, it will taste fantastic! The food you are buying will be freshly baked, bottled, harvested or roasted on the day you collect it and without additional preservatives or additives.
Secondly, you are ensuring the money stays local. 90p of every £1 you spend stays in the local economy and the food producer or farmer receives 80% of the takings (as compared to only 20-40% they might receive from the supermarket).
Thirdly, local producers are working in small batches so they can ensure the highest quality. Local producers will also know first hand everything about their product, so you can ask questions, about ingredients and food origins, and talk to the people who actually know.
How does it work?
• Each week you shop online,using your computer, tablet or phone to order and pay securely online.
• The online shop is open from Thursday midnight on Monday
• Tuesday the food producers are alerted to what been ordered for that week
• Wednesday evenings, 5-6:30pm, come and collect your delicious food from the Ashbourne Bakehouse.
• Bring your Order Number as your proof of purchase.
• Bring reusable bags.
• Each week we will have samples to try, and often producers will be on site to say hello, and answer any questions you might have.
• Wednesday Collections are open to all. Come and meet us before you shop if you like.
Collection Pick up
• Ashbourne Bakehouse, 29 Market Place , Ashbourne
• There is ample parking in front of the Bakehouse and free with the Ashbourne Parking sticker
• The front door has several steps, so please let us know if you access might be a problem and we can sort out an alternative.
• There are no accessible toilets on site.
Thank you for checking out our market and for supporting local food producers. We look forward to seeing you on Wednesday evening.
Ashbourne NeighbourFood Market Host