For the Love of Earth was born after it's owner, Karen , and her Husband Anthony, spent some time volunteering at an Orangutan sanctuary in Borneo. On trips out into the countryside they saw first hand the devastation that palm oil plantations were causing the rainforest and so the Orangutans natural habitat.
On returning home they felt impelled to look at their lifestyle and Karen started making products for themselves to remove palm oil and single use plastic from their lives. This soon grew into selling the products and at the beginning of 2020 Karen became self-employed to concentrate on For the Love of Earth full time.
"I use only natural, traceable products; no palm oil; no single use plastic, and by changing from using beeswax to soya wax my products are also vegan friendly. I donate 5% of my profit to Borneo Orangutan Survival UK as a way of giving them something back for the life changing experience we had."
- hand poured, small batch soaps, shampoos and conditioner bars with a variety of essential oils. One customer has said that after a
3 year search Karen's shampoo bars are the best she's come across.
- rich hand lotion and face moisturiser.
- salves and balms; the deep sleep balm, especially, has received excellent reviews
- bath soaks made with dead sea salt and various essential oils
- rich, easily absorbed body butters
- soya wax jar candles, made with 10% essential oils. These are cleaner burning and the essential oils give aromatherapy benefits, as
well as smelling incredible, something you don't get from artificial fragrance candles. The labels on the jars can be personalised
too, to make a special gift.
- reusable, vegan wax wraps
- beautiful linen sprays
- hand crocheted, 100% cotton shower puffs, face scrubbies and soap savers
Karen will also custom make gift hampers with your selection of products, beautifully packaged in a basket with recycled shredded paper and wrapped in a film that is made from vegetable starch and is fully compostable.