Scotland The Bread - Organic Wholemeal Flour Rouge D Ecosse 1kg
|1 x 1kg
Wholemeal wheat flour freshly milled from Scottish heritage wheat variety Rouge d'Ecosse.
- Certified organic wheat 100% wholemeal flour finely ground on the innovative Zentrofan cyclone mill.
- Above-average values for most key minerals.
- Soft texture and a flavour that is quite a revelation
- Suitable for real bread (with long fermentation and no additives) and pastries, cakes and biscuits.
Top tips for getting good results:
- Knead the dough gently and for less time than you have to when using a ‘strong’ flour
- Be patient and ferment your bread slowly (using sourdough) to develop flavour and digestibility
- If you’re struggling to get a longed-for lightness, sieve the flour to remove some of the bran or add a portion (up to 25%) of a ‘strong’ flour.
Please see scotlandthebread.org for more information.
Shelf Life: 9 Weeks