Welcome to Nottingham NeighbourFood, think big, shop small!
We offer local, sustainable produce with all the convenience of online click & collect shopping. Order online through the website then come along to pick up your fresh produce at our weekly collection on Thursdays, 6-7:30pm, come rain or shine in the playground at Primary Studios, Seely Road near Canning Circus. Alternatively, you can have your produce delivered within 6km, and we also offer a box to boot service for any customers in need.
All sales are in advance through this website which minimises wastage as all the food producers know in advance exactly how much to prepare. We also have delicious meals available to buy and eat on the night prepared by Small Food Bakery using local produce.
4 Reasons to shop this way, other than the taste:
1. Support Local Businesses - 90p of every £1 you spend stays in the local economy. The producer receives 80% (often as little as 20-40% from the supermarket!).
2. Quality - all producers are carefully vetted. Our producers understand that the care they give their ingredients, land and animals results in quality produce on your dinner table.
3. Less Packaging and Waste – we are big on reusable/returnable packaging from egg boxes, to glass bottles we are reducing the amount of unnecessary waste and plastic. As all food is pre-ordered there is no food waste at all.
4. Local Food for Local People = Low Food Miles for Healthier Communities
How do I shop?
• Each week use your computer, tablet or phone to order and pay securely online.
• The online shop is open from Thursday night until midnight on Tuesday.
• Wednesdays and Thursdays your orders are being harvested, baked, bottled and roasted.
• Thursday evenings, 6-7:30pm, come and collect your delicious food which will have been collated into a box.
• Bring your Order Number (which you will have been emailed Wednesday a.m.) and reusable bags, returnable packaging etc
• Check your order off.
Where is the Collection?
• In the playground (100% outdoor market – covid safe), at Primary Studios, Seely Road, NG7 1NU, in between Derby Rd and Ilkeston Rd near Canning Circus. The entrance is the red door (that will be open) the next door up from the Small Food Bakery entrance further along the brick wall.
• We strongly encourage you to walk, cycle, or use public transport.
• Car parking is limited on Seely Road, but free after 6pm. You can also park in the bus lane on Ilkeston Road.
You can buy (from 25+ producers all in one place):
seasonal fruit and vegetables (inc heritage, chemical free and supporting community garden)
raw milk and cheese
sourdough breads and pastries
organic and freely-ranging chicken eggs
organic grass fed meat such as lamb, beef, pork and chicken
sustainably caught fish
bean to bar chocolate
kombuchas and fermented foods
healthy tonics and kefirs
local cider, beer and liqueurs
freshly roasted coffee
tasty vegetarian, gluten free, vegan and non-veggie home cooking
cold pressed rapeseed oil
fresh ready-to-eat convenience meals
skincare and local crafts
The Nottingham NeighbourFood - combining the ease of online shopping while accessing delicious local produce and keeping small-scale producers in business. A true super-market!
We look forward to meeting you on Thursday evenings. Wishing you happy local food shopping,
Bex & Shona
Winner of the 2016 Environmental Business of the Year Award courtesy of the Nottingham Post and The Wildlife Trusts.