Welcome to your new Lady Bay NeighbourFood Market.
Local, sustainable produce with all the convenience of online click & collect shopping.
Every week you will find super fresh veg, organic meat, raw honey, and many more locally produced grocery items for you to buy online & then collect from the Poppy & Pint car park.
It's quick, convenient, high-quality, and a sustainable alternative to shopping at any of the large supermarkets.
Order online through the website then come along to pick up your fresh produce at our weekly collection on Thursdays, 5–7:30 pm, come rain or shine in the car park at The Poppy and Pint, Pierrepont Rd, Lady Bay, Nottingham NG2 5DX.
All sales are made through our website. This helps our producers to know in advance exactly how much veg to pick, food to prepare and items to bring, so they don't waste stock that hasn't sold – as with more traditional markets.
5 Reasons to shop this way, other than just the taste:
1. Support Local Business – 90p of every £1 you spend stays in the local economy. The producer receives 80% (whereas it's often as little as 20-40% from the supermarket!)
2. Quality – all of our producers are carefully vetted. They understand that the care they give their ingredients, land, and animals translates to quality produce on your table
3. Less Packaging and Waste – we are big on reusable/returnable packaging. From egg boxes to glass bottles we are reducing the amount of unnecessary waste and plastic. As all food is pre-ordered there is no food waste at all
4. Local Food for Local People = Low Food Miles for Healthier Communities
5. Yay! No more supermarkets.
How do I shop?
• Each week use your computer, tablet or phone to order and pay securely online
• The online shop is open from Thursday night until midnight on Tuesday
• Wednesdays and Thursdays your orders are being harvested, baked, bottled and roasted
• Thursday evenings, 5-7:30 pm, come and collect your delicious food which will have been collated into a box
• Bring your order number (which you will have been emailed on Wednesday morning) and reusable bags, returnable packaging etc
• Check your order off to make sure it's correct.
Where is the Collection?
In the car park (100% outdoor market – Covid safe), at The Poppy and Pint, Pierrepont Rd, Lady Bay, Nottingham NG2 5DX.
You can buy from more than 25 producers all in one place:
• Seasonal fruit and vegetables (inc heritage varieties, chemical-free and supported community garden produce)
• Raw milk and cheese
• Bread traditionally baked including naturally leavened Sourdough
• Organic and freely-ranging chicken eggs
• Organic, grass-fed meat – lamb, beef, pork and chicken
• Sustainably caught fresh and smoked fish
• Raw honey
• Bean to bar chocolate
• Kombuchas and healthy tonics
• Local cider, beer and liqueurs
• Freshly roasted coffee
• Tasty vegetarian, gluten-free, vegan and non-veggie home cooking
• Cold-pressed British rapeseed oil
• Pickles & preserves
• Luxury Skincare products
• Local craft items
• Nature gifts and vouchers.
Lady Bay NeighbourFood combines the ease of online shopping with access to delicious local produce and keeping small-scale producers in business – a true super-market!
We look forward to meeting you on Thursday evenings. Wishing you happy local food shopping.
Ben & Sally